Dec 21, 2019
Basic structure of centrifugal pump
It consists of six parts: impeller, pump body, pump shaft, bearing, seal ring, stuffing box.
1. The impeller is the core part of the centrifugal pump. It has a high speed and high output. The blades on the impeller play a major role. The impeller must pass the static balance test before assembly. The inner and outer surfaces of the impeller are required to be smooth to reduce the frictional loss of water flow. According to its mechanical structure, it can be divided into three types: closed, semi-closed and open. Closed impellers are suitable for conveying clean liquids; semi-closed and open impellers are suitable for conveying suspensions containing solid particles. Such pumps have low efficiency.
2. The pump body is also called the pump casing, which is the main body of the water pump. It plays a supporting and fixing role and is connected with the bracket on which the bearing is installed.
3. The function of the pump shaft is to connect the motor and the motor through a coupling to transmit the torque of the motor to the impeller, so it is the main component for transmitting mechanical energy.
4. The sliding bearing is made of transparent oil as lubricant. Add oil to the oil level line. Too much oil will leak out along the pump shaft, too few bearings will overheat and burn out and cause an accident! During the operation of the pump, the temperature of the bearing is up to 85 degrees, and generally runs at about 60 degrees.
5. Sealing ring is also called leakage reducing ring.
6. The stuffing box is mainly composed of packing, water-sealing ring, packing tube, packing gland and water-sealing pipe. The function of the stuffing box is mainly to close the gap between the pump casing and the pump shaft, and to prevent the water in the pump from flowing to the outside and the outside air from entering the pump. Always keep the vacuum inside the pump! When the pump shaft and the filler produce friction to generate heat, it is necessary to hold the water into the water seal ring to cool the filler by the water seal tube! Keep the pump running normally. Therefore, special attention must be paid to the inspection of the stuffing box during the running inspection of the pump! The packing needs to be replaced after about 600 hours of operation.
2589# Nantaihu Road, Wuxing, Huzhou, Zhejiang